It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Welcome
Welcome to AUSTRALIAN GOLDFIELDS PROSPECTORS FORUM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. All registrion are auto approved however first posts are suject to admin approval this is for the protection of the membership.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 researching for new ground. 

Have thanks: 0 time
Post researching for new ground.
hi all, my first post on this forum. What i am interested in finding out is how you gents research an area for future trips. I am finding gold around leonora
but my biggest piece is 3 grams, with most being around .3 of a gram. I run a 5000 and my favorite coil is n/f 17/11. We are currently going to old mines
and working out from them. I am not that crash hot on deciphering geo maps so would appreciate any information that could help me in my quest...
thanks ron..

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:13 pm
Patch

Have thanks: 5 time
Post Re: researching for new ground.
Hi Ron. First of all..welcome to the forum. Usually we all start off researching where gold has been found by the oldtimers and work around that area. Oldtimer diggings in the Eastern states are pretty easy to spot and work but as you can imagine, every man and their dog has had a swing over the majority. That's not to say, there isn't still gold to be found but a lot of the easy gold has been detected over the years.

As I haven't ventured over to the West at this point, I cant give you any pointers or advise as to where to start you search. Other forum members have made the trek and could point you in the right direction. Cheers, Vet69

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]